Sunday, June 21, 2009

ready for hello(s)

Lately I have been thinking of how ready I am to say hello and how over I am of saying goodbye. As I count down the days to my 8th move (Waco, Santiago, Tokyo, Baltimore, Bangkok, L.A., La Paz...) in the last 4 years, I am facing the routine of taking in what this experience has been and anticipating what the next will bring. I know it will take a lot more than just a few weeks to let thing soak in and settle, but I like to get a bit of a head start- especially since I have the apt to myself and an upcoming week-long break from work.

While I have been genuinely blessed by the many places, experiences and most of all people I have met over the past few years, I am ready for some repeats. Bring on familiar faces and already experienced places, I am ready to say hello again. I am ready to relive old times and take a walk down memory lane. I am ready to reintroduce myself to people and assure them that I am mostly the same. mostly. OH I am so ready for hello!

As for the song posted bellow, if you know me- then you know. And if you don't, well then you should check out Tracy Chapman, she's an amazing artist.

No comments: