Thursday, November 6, 2008

Rurre

Greetings.

I keep going back and forth on new topics to post. So the next series of entries might be quite disconnected to most readers, but I believe best represent me...a 23 year old hogpoge of ideas, thoughts and experiences.

This past weekend I traveled to Rurrenabaque. A small town 15 hours north of La Paz or a 40 hour tiny plane ride. Surprisingly I opted for the later, even thought flying ofter terrifies me. The 17 passanger plane wasn't so bad, even though landing felt like a nose dive and I could see duck tape holding something together on the control panel. Oh and yes, I could see through the cockpits window from the last set.

Rurre was great, it surprisingly reminded me a lot of Thailand. Humid, hot, motorbikes, and even the people looke different from those in La Paz. We (meaning me and 3 Canadians I met in La Paz), took a 2 day tour of the Pampas. We rode a boat most of the time through a river FILLED with alligators, crocodilles and caymands. I mean they were EVERYWHERE, as in 200 in the first hour of our tour. We swam with fresh water dolfins, fished for piranas and went out on a night search of gators. That was probably the creapiest, most non-safe tourist thing I have ever done.

The trip was a great break from the city, nice to meet and make new friends and see more of Bolivia.

2 comments:

Luanne said...

Although your night search for gators sounds well, intriguing, I think I'll stick with the safari at Animal Kingdom. Be safe, have fun - your adventures continue to amaze me!

Rachel said...

Parts of the trip almost felt like Disney, I tried to believe the gators were anamatronics when I was swimming a few feet from them.