Thursday, November 27, 2008

thankful

These past few days and weeks haven't been the easiest, so it is nice to have a holiday that reminds me to reflect and be thankful.  

A year ago, eating my turkey sandwich at a subway in Bangkok, I could not have guessed that I would be in La Paz today.  Today I cannot begin to guess where I will be in a year (I could guess, but I know it will most like be inaccurate).  I am most thankful for the now, and for knowing in my deepest of deep that it is right.  God's consistency through highs and lows, God's consistency in my most inconsistent hour.  I am thankful for God's security amidst my many insecurities. For reminding me to embrace the now, to love the present and to rejoice in the living, not in the planning, nor in regret, nor in memories.  To surrender and know this is right where I am to be on this Thanksgiving. 

1 comment:

quilter13 said...

Rachel,
Being away from family and friends at a holiday time is not the easiest. I think of you often and look forward to reading your blog. We have seen Quantom of Solace. I can understand the potential for negative impact from that movie. Even though it isn't based on truth, there have been and probably will be similar situations described/depicted in the movie. I am curious to know where you saw the movie. off to the store - going to brave the crowds. I hope they won't be where I need to go.
love, mrs. frey